London Drug Rehab
By simply making the decision to read this, you have already begun your journey to recovery and living your life free from your drug or alcohol addiction. In contrast, if you are a friend or family member of someone who is struggling with addiction, you have just started to do the most beneficial but toughest thing for that person.
Facing up to your own addiction (or helping someone come to terms with their own) is life’s most difficult experience. Don’t for one second think that this means you have to do it alone. London drug rehabs are here to offer you support, guidance and expert care.
London drug rehabs provide you and your family or friends with a plethora of services that are tailored to each patient as they join. It seems silly to mention that everyone is different, but they truly are and so people with addictions can react differently to certain treatment types.
To open up the world of recovery, all you need to do is pick up the phone and ring us at Freedom From Addiction. Every call is completely confidential and costs you nothing so, whatever you are addicted to, London drug rehabs are out there to help.
You might find that taking the time to read about what services drug and alcohol rehabilitation centres offer will be useful. If so, have a look here.
Freedom From Addiction’s London Drug Rehab Services
An intervention is a type of meeting that is set up by a group of people who deeply love and care for the substance abuser. Here, they will discuss their feelings about the person’s addiction and urge them to accept help to overcome it. At this stage, professionals do not necessarily have to be involved but it is usually wise to consult with one right from the beginning. The most successful interventions occur when an expert is on board. Luckily, London drug rehabs provide an interventionist or other health care professional to guide you with this.
Usually, this type of meet up will contain three sections:
- Reminding the substance abuser how much you care for and love them but also telling them the downward spiral they have noticed because of their addiction
- Putting forward a prearranged treatment plan that states the goals, guidelines and the entire process Telling the addict what will occur if they do not accept treatment
- Badly composed interventions will have the opposite effect — i.e. they will make the issue worse. This is why it is so necessary to have an experienced professional attend the meeting and to make sure any emotional outbursts are dealt with calmly.
The meeting will be overwhelming for everyone involved, not just you and not just the addict. However, the substance abuser could feel threatened by the situation and communicate this in abusive, emotional and irrational ways. Remember that this is a standard reaction that can be managed with the help of a professional from Freedom From Addiction’s London drug rehab.
No one, not even the most experienced and highly qualified mental health expert, could anticipate the exact way in which someone will respond, but they can make educated guesses. Substance abusers within an intervention setting tend to experience:
- Anger — the addict could feel cornered and may lash out due to the feelings of unsafety and “gang mentality”
- Shock — many substance abusers believe they shield their addiction from the world well, so finding out that they don’t could come as a surprise
- Shame and sadness — a lot of addicts do not notice how much hurt they have caused their loved ones through their addiction and hearing it causes overwhelming feelings
- Fast agreement — your professional will tell you that quick agreement is all well and good, but the addict could be doing this so the intervention ends
If the substance abuser does lash out with emotion, it is important to remain calm and not to rise to it. Instead, bring the conversation back to the facts.
Alcohol and Drug Detox
London drug rehabs provide treatment programs that allow the addict to be under careful medical supervision to allow the drug or alcohol substance to leave the body without withdrawal symptoms becoming unmanageable.
Starting the detoxification process can be unbelievably scary for the addict and their loved ones. However, it is crucial to never forget that a lot of people complete drug and alcohol detoxes every year and live a happy, clean and fulfilled life afterwards. Recovery is possible.
The biggest factor to consider is whether the substance abuser will receive treatment as an inpatient or an outpatient. This is determined by professionals based on:
- Substance type
- Lifestyle problems
- Age of the addict
- How long the addict has been struggling with substance abuse
- Possible complications due to withdrawal
- Other health conditions
It is vital for the addict to remember that it is short term pain for long term gain when it comes to the withdrawal symptoms he or she could experience.
Inpatient Addiction Treatment
Patients who stay in London drug rehab will receive a necessary break from their normal surroundings and lifestyle which allows them to have a safe space to start their recovery.
To start with, the substance abuser will be assessed to ascertain their mental and physical health which will be the basis for the treatment plan that is constructed next. Usually, this programme includes the following:
- Peer support groups
- Substance use monitoring with regular drug tests
- Clinical case management which ensure the patient is receiving everything they need Medication
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
After the patient has finished their set treatment plan and goes back to their everyday life, he or she will continue to participate in relevant forms of help to make sure they stay on track and have measures in place to prevent relapse.
The recovery stage happens once the person isn’t being controlled by their addiction anymore, enabling them to feel better both emotionally, physically and mentally. At this stage, they tend to start rebuilding their careers and relationships.
Stepping onto the recovery road can be challenging and daunting but our staff at Freedom From Addiction are here to aid you in the best ways possible. You are never alone. Give us a call today.