Leading Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Toronto & GTA
Freedom From Addiction is a private rehab facility near Toronto that offers innovative therapies and individualized drug and alcohol addiction services.
We believe everyone deserves a second chance in creating a whole and meaningful life for themselves. Learn more about how our fully accredited staff, well-equipped facility, and personalized addiction treatment approaches can make a difference in your life or your loved ones.
Our Addiction Services for Toronto Clients
Drug Addiction Treatment Programs
At Freedom From Addiction, we are committed to providing our clients with the highest quality addiction treatments and continuous support until they successfully achieve sobriety and are comfortable in their recovery.
We offer a wide range of intensive addiction treatment services to address specific substance abuse disorders. We combine expert-supervised medical detoxification with holistic health and behavioural therapies. These include:
- Drug Rehab: Our drug rehab follows a client-centred approach where the client has the option to choose between an out-patient or in-patient drug rehab setup.
- Cocaine Addiction Treatment: Cocaine is an illicit substance classified as a Schedule I drug in Canada, which means it’s illegal to use or possess at any quantity. Cocaine addiction can have damaging physical and psychological effects.
- Heroin Addiction Treatment: Heroin is an opioid drug produced from morphine. It is one of the most dangerous and highly addictive synthetic drugs in the world. Individuals suffering from heroin addiction cannot quit abruptly due to serious health risks from withdrawal.
- Marijuana Addiction Treatment: Marijuana, also known as cannabis, is a legal and socially-acceptable recreational drug in Canada. Its long-term and irresponsible use can lead to physical, emotional, and psychological issues.
- DMT Addiction Treatment: N, N-Dimethyltryptamine, also known as DMT, “the spirit molecule” or “businessman’s trip,” is a powerful psychedelic drug that produces vivid hallucinations and heightened sensory experiences. While not a physically addictive substance, it is still possible to develop a psychological dependency on the drug because of its euphoric effects.
- Ecstasy (MDMA) Addiction Treatment: 3, 4 - Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) or ecstasy is a well-known club drug since the 1980s. Approximately 21 million people use this drug every year, most of which develop an addiction to the drug.
- GHB Addiction Treatment: GHB has been a popular party drug since the 1990s, frequently described as having similar effects to alcohol or MDMA. GHB was recently reclassified to a Schedule I drug in Canada, placing it in the same class as narcotic drugs like heroin and cocaine.
- Opiate Addiction Treatment: The opioid addiction and overdose crisis is a significant public health concern plaguing many countries worldwide, including Canada. Most people use opiates as a legitimate form of pain management until they become addicted to it.
- Prescription Drugs Treatment: The most notorious prescription drug addictions are opioids (Oxycontin and methadone), benzodiazepines (Xanax and valium), and amphetamines (Adderall and Ritalin).
- Methamphetamine Addiction Treatment: Methamphetamine, also known as meth or crystal, is an extremely addictive recreational drug. It may be approved for treating ADHD and obesity in the U.S., but it is currently deemed to have no medical use in Canada. It is classified as a Schedule I drug, carrying the highest penalties for possession, distribution, and manufacture.
Alcohol Addiction Treatment Programs
We have the professional experience backed by a reliable team of healthcare experts to competently treat severe alcohol dependence and alcoholism. Planned treatment approaches, personalized care, and effective recovery programs are our three benchmarks in treating alcohol addiction.
- Alcohol Rehab: Signing up for our Toronto rehab is a great treatment strategy to help clients concentrate solely on sobriety without any external distractions from possible triggers like bad influences from friends or emotional distress from personal relationships.
- 12-Step Program: The 12-Step Program is a widely recognized method for treating all kinds of addiction. It follows a regimented approach to breaking down the root causes of addiction and creating practical solutions to recover and maintain sobriety.
- Residential Treatment: Our residential treatment program offers clients several choices, from semi-private to private accommodations. This addiction service delivers top-notch clinical and behavioural treatment, while clients enjoy a calm and comfortable setting. Freedom From Addiction is a beautiful recovery home near Toronto.
Mental Health Treatment Programs
Freedom From Addiction offers an extensive range of treatment programs designed to address concurrent mental health disorders, empower clients with healthy coping mechanisms, and educate them on how to rationally manage all kinds of emotions and situations without turning back to drugs and alcohol. These include:
- Anger Management: Anger management is a psychotherapeutic practice of diffusing and preventing anger from impacting daily life.
- Addiction Awareness and Education: This psycho-educational program follows a structured curriculum facilitated by experienced addiction counsellors and program leaders. One of its many goals is to encourage self-awareness that may inspire clients to work towards getting better.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: CBT is a short-term and goal-oriented psychotherapy technique. Its main objective is to change the client’s negative thinking patterns and behavioural issues to improve how they feel and deal with different situations.
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment: Dual diagnosis treatment is a general term for integrative therapies used to address or manage co-occurring substance use disorders and mental illnesses. Treating concurrent disorders in clients struggling with substance abuse can effectively reduce relapse, the incidence of suicide and self-harm, and promote lifetime sobriety.
Addiction Recovery Programs
Addiction recovery does not end when clients complete our Toronto rehab programs; it’s a work-in-progress that requires ongoing emotional or psychological support. This is why Freedom From Addiction provides different types of addiction recovery programs to help our clients transition smoothly back into their everyday lives.
- Continuing Care: Our continuing care program grants clients the opportunity to still have access to the emotional and social support we offer which has benefited them immensely during their addiction treatment. We also encourage them to gradually build new networks and support systems in their everyday lives.
- Emotional Recovery: This type of recovery involves individual or group counselling sessions designed to identify and address unresolved emotional trauma, which may have led or contributed to the client’s addiction.
- Family Programs: Freedom From Addiction offers comprehensive family programs, including workshops and counselling sessions to educate family and friends about the effects of addiction on their loved ones, how they can provide support, and how they, too, can find emotional healing.
- Individual Counselling: True to our client-centred approach, our addiction services also offer individual counselling sessions. They regularly meet with a trained mental health professional in a safe and caring environment.
- Interventions: Freedom From Addiction also provides assistance for friends and family who wish to stage an intervention for a loved one suffering from addiction. This effective strategy to confront addiction offers concrete solutions through rehab while assuring the individual that there are people who care and are there to support them through their recovery.
- Life Skills: Our life skills education program empowers clients by developing good emotional habits through learning communication and interpersonal skills, creative and critical thinking, decision making and problem-solving, self-awareness, and self-control.
- Personalized Fitness: Health and wellness play a pivotal role in addiction recovery. While staying in our Toronto rehab, we inspire our clients to participate in an active lifestyle with a personalized fitness regimen customized according to their current needs and interests.
- Relapse Prevention: Clients may find themselves most vulnerable when they are fresh out of rehab. Our relapse prevention program proactively prepares them by teaching them how to anticipate, identity, solve and manage potentially high-risk situations that can lead to relapse.
- Group Counselling: Aside from individual counselling, our addiction services also offer group counselling sessions, wherein clients join a particular group that share the same experiences. It’s usually recommended to encourage individuals who may not yet be comfortable to open up about their own stories by letting them listen to other members of the group.
Medical Detox Programs
Medical detox is an essential part of drug and alcohol addiction treatment. The detoxification process eliminates all traces of illicit substances in the client’s system. However, a medical detox should not be done at home on your own or without a medical professional’s supervision due to the risks of severe withdrawal symptoms, which can vary per person depending on the specific substances taken and their length of abuse.
At Freedom From Addiction, our medical detox programs are done by doctors and certified healthcare professionals. We have a proven safe and effective drug and alcohol detoxification process that combines medications and organic procedures by providing clients with everything they need to manage withdrawal symptoms and make the experience as comfortable as possible.
Our medical detox program includes:
- Alcohol Detox: Our alcohol detox is suitable for individuals who want to break free from alcoholism and alcohol dependence.
- Methadone Detox: Methadone is commonly used to relieve the withdrawal symptoms of people addicted to narcotics like heroin or cocaine. Unfortunately, it’s also possible to develop an addiction to methadone.
- Drug Detox: Our drug detox approach follows a four-step process: assessment, detoxification, stabilization, and advanced detox, which is the secret to true abstinence.
- Prescription Medication Detox: This medical detox program is specifically intended for clients who have abused traditional prescription drugs, which can range from over-the-counter cough medicines to prescription sedatives and tranquillizers, inhalants, and methamphetamines.
- Carfentanil Detox: Carfentanil is a dangerous drug that’s an offshoot of a highly addictive opioid analgesic and fentanyl. Withdrawal symptoms from carfentanil detox can last between a week to a month.
- Fentanyl Detox: Fentanyl is an extremely addictive opioid. Individuals addicted to fentanyl should never try to quit “cold turkey” or abruptly without a doctor’s guidance. Withdrawal symptoms from this drug include hypertension, vomiting, chills, and anxiety.
- Opiate Detox: Anyone who has developed a severe dependence on opiates can benefit from a medically-supervised opiate detox. Withdrawal symptoms can appear within 12 to 30 hours of the last dose and may include aggression, restlessness, insomnia, and depression.
Freedom From Addiction Toronto Rehab Programs
One of the most significant factors to successful addiction recovery is trusting the right treatment facility that will go above and beyond the guidance and expert care you expect. At Freedom From Addiction, we are passionate about doing everything we can to pave the way for our patients to achieve complete healing that leads to a blissful life of sobriety.
The journey towards healing and recovery may not be the easiest path, but you do not have to do it alone. Let our Toronto rehab program help you. Give us a call today.